About Me

My photo
MY WORDS CONTAIN MATURE SUBJECT MATTER/MATURE READERS ONLY. THANKS. queer punk/singer/writer/film maker/custom leather maker...tattoos, music...i think the words posted on here say enough about me...if you care to read... everything posted here is copywritten 2007/2008.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SICKNESS

let's see…
it's been quite awhile since i've engaged you…lately you just keep popping up everywhere.

it's not like you care that i ignore you now. you took over my life once…remember? i do, baby…

and so the drums begin to pound…in my head.
pound. pound. pound. down.

on a good day nothin' can stop me.
since i decided you could no longer top me.
do ya see that you no longer got me…?

it is truly nice to see you being so popular around town.
but what's going on?
are you that mule everyone in town gets to ride once around…?
when we were lovers, the city was a fairground…
but i'm much better off without you around…baby.

"like fuckin' superman…" I'm told.
did superman grow very old…? I hope so…
hey, how many more do you think will follow
you down that dark road…
yet we always saw the sunrise…didn't we…
through bloodshot wide-open eyes…we always saw the sunrise.

you see, baby, there's no hate here for you
it's just these days you don't work for me anymore…
now i need more.

i still love you.

i guess we all hope to pass comfortably and painlessly
the description written was beautiful…
'like a candle's flame burning bright…on a clear dark night…
a tall glass is placed over it…
and the flame slowly gets smaller…weaker…until it disappears…
leaving a dead wick.
remember when you tried to extinguish me, my love…?
the reality was painful and felt like a shove…

you are always around, always in my face
no worries, i will always win this race
because i use my soul to move forward
i fly around that hole like a blackbird…
the hole that you're down in can't get much deeper
what's there to follow? Who is your keeper.
i am my own, i came here alone
with a fist hitting hard and a crack of the bone

so take it in stride and keep appearing
my impossible love for you was once endearing
when i see you around, i still get fevered
because if i loved you once, i'll love you forever…

baby.

No comments: